Each school in NSW offers something slightly different depending on the community. Here's what we offer for you.
All canteens in NSW public schools must meet certain requirements. These include providing more healthy food and drink options – to make the healthy choice an easy choice for students. Visit Healthy school canteens to learn more.
When students wear a school uniform, they feel included in our school community.
Students, teachers, parents and carers, as well as members of our local community helped develop our school uniform to make sure it:
meets the requirements of occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation
includes items that are affordable, comfortable and made from easy-care and easy-wear fabrics
is appropriate for the full range of school activities
is suitable for all body shapes.
Learn more about the NSW Department of Education’s School Uniform Policy.
Uniform is Important. It is mandatory for students attending QHS. For those uncertain of what is acceptable the following may be of help:
- Shirt: White school polo shirt or plain white polo (no other logos apart from QHS logo is acceptable)
- Jumpers: Maroon QHS jumper/Black QHS jacket or plain black or maroon jumper/jacket
- Shorts: Grey or Black shorts. The new black QHS sport shorts are acceptable for students to wear to school. Some girls have also been wearing a plain...
- black skort to school - this is OK
- Pants: Plain black or grey pants. The new black QHS trackpants are preferable. Jeans and tights are not considered to be uniform
- The school dress and skirt continue to be accepted uniform
- Students are expected to wear the school sports shirt for PE and sport lessons
Overall, the only logo acceptable is the QHS logo. All other logos (whether they be ticks, stripes, words) of any size means a student is out of uniform.
Hiring our facilities
You may apply to use our school’s facilities for appropriate purposes provided your hiring the facility does not interfere with our teaching and learning programs.
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis. Find out more at Using school facilities.
If you’re interested in hiring our facilities, contact us for details.